The tool manager is a drag&bot functionality for creating, modifying and selecting attached robot tools. This page shows how you can set a new tool and activate it.
Robot tools are configured as a named transformation between robot flange frame and the tool tip. This transformation can be saved, modified or deleted through the Tool Manager. The transformation is defined as standard robot frame:
- Translation in X, Y, Z (m)
- Rotation as Intrinsic Euler ZYX format (in radians): this means that first the rotation is applied in Z, then rotation in Y at the new Y position, and then rotation in X at the new position.
Overview of tools¶
- Open the Robot Systems.
- Select on the robotsystem.
- Select .
- You will see an overview of all created tools.
Create a new tool¶
- Select on the lower right.
- Enter the tool name.
- Enter the tool transformation.
- Select to add the tool to the list.
- Select to switch the current TCP.
Change the TCP in a program¶
- Add a Change Robot TCP function block.
- Select on the added function block.
- Enter your added tool e.g. 'screwdriver'.
- Run the program.