This section assumes that setting up of the R-30iB controller for drag&bot has successfully been accomplished.
Furthermore it is assumed, that you know how to use the Fanuc teach pendant as described in the chapter Setup.
Running a Fanuc robot with drag&bot¶
If the drag&bot controller program DNB was configured to start automatically at controller startup, as described here, all tasks will start automatically. Otherwise follow the steps below on each startup.
- Starting the drag&bot controller program needs always to be done in Automatic mode. Further its recommended to start the drag&bot controller program always before the drag&bot application on the Industrial PC.
- Start the R-30iB controller.
- Ensure that no controller program is already running by checking the running tasks. Press the soft button and press the MONITOR button at the bottom bar. Before starting the drag&bot controller program the list should refuse to appear as no task is running. After drag&bot has been started four tasks should be listed and should all have the status RUNNING.
- Abort eventually running tasks, also drag&bot tasks from an earlier session. Press the soft button and choose the Abort (All) option by selecting it and pressing the soft button.
- Start the drag&bot controller program. Press the soft button and select the DNB program. Press to choose the program.
- Press the Green Start Button at the controller (at the robot cabinet, not in the teach pendant) to start the controller program.
- You can watch at the teach pendant outprints of the controller programs by switching to the user view. Press the soft button and select the USER menu for this.
- Start the drag&bot application on the Industrial IPC.
- The successful connection of the drag&bot driver to the controller is printed in the teach pendants outprints.
- Its possible to change the controller to manual mode (T2) to observe the robots current position. Then its not possible to move the robot from drag&bot, but its possible to move the robot from the Fanuc Teach Pendant.
Digital Inputs and Outputs¶
In drag&bot Digital I/Os are identified in the same way as the respective Digital I/Os on the robot controller.
|Group||Fanuc I/O numbers||drag&bot I/Os||Notes|
|Digital Inputs (DI)||1-1024||DI-DI||Supported numbers. Finally available I/O numbers depend on the configured I/Os in the drag&bot Fanuc R-30iB robot controller component.|
|Digital Outputs (DO)||1-1024||DO-DO||Supported numbers. Finally available I/O numbers depend on the configured I/Os in the drag&bot Fanuc R-30iB robot controller component.|
|Robot Inputs (RI)||1-8||RI-RI||-|
|Robot Inputs (RO)||1-8||RO-RO||-|
To interact with the Digital I/Os using this numbering in your programs use the function blocks
- Digital I/O Device - Get
- Digital I/O Device - Set
- Digital I/O Device - Wait For
as described in the Function Block Library overview.
- If an error occurs you can reset it with the soft button. Eventually stopped tasks should be restarted automatically.