Universal Robots Offline Simulator¶
The Universal Robots company provides an Offline Simulator for download on their website. With the simulator you can easily test drag&bot with a simulated UR robot.
How to run the UR Offline Simulator:¶
- Go to the website (here) and download the simulator by selecting the robot model "CB-Series" or "e-Series" then > Software > Offline Simulator > Linux then select the simulator version.
- Click on download.
- Extract the downloaded simulator file.
- Open the extracted file, then right mouse and select 'Open Terminal here' to open the Linux shell, then run the command
./install.shto Install the simulator dependencies.
- Run the simulator by typing:
./start-ursim.shinside the extracted folder terminal.
- Start the drag&bot runtime and studio.
- Setup the robot system as described here
- Add the Universal Robot 5 or Universal Robot 5e as robot, depending if you chose the CB-Series or the e-Series before.
- After pressing the Update and install button, adjust the parameters as following.
- Set the Robot IP to 127.0.0.1.
- Set the Simulation flag to true.
- The parameters Flange Forces and Joint-Velocity Interface have no effect with the simulation.
- For the Pause/Resume Interface please follow the description here (CB-Series) or here (e-Series).